I miss the mission. I actually have home sickness for the New York country sides. Those memories and life changing experiences will always be in my heart.
So here are a few things I miss about my missionary life. This is an email I sent home to my family toward the end of my mission, when I was completely enveloped in the work:)
You know you are a missionary when....
- you teach and serve people even in your dreams
- your heart pumps a little faster every time you see the mail man(seeing the mail man possibly means that one of your friends remembered you are still living and sent you a little something special)
- your clothes start to wilt....
- you pray not to fall asleep while you're praying
- you live off of salad and cheezits, and whatever the kind people of the world feed you.
- you feel prompted to talk to everyone, even if they get in their car and start to drive a way...you catch them!
- you start using scripture words in your speech like "that is an exceedingly cute sweater" or "so great was the food thereof"
- dry shampoo is the ultimate beauty secret which makes showering optional (just kidding)(but seriously)
- you are happy even when people totally reject you
- you continuously crave food
- your knuckles are red from knocking on everyone's door
- your biggest joy comes when the people you are helping says they've read from the scriptures
- Thrumpy is your new look. You don't care if it's ugly...if it's comfy and fits you'll wear it
- you experience millions of miracles everyday
- you love the people you serve with all your heart
- you could not image yourself doing anything better than testifying of Jesus Christ and His gospel to the world